Chartering a yacht or cruising on a boat has become a new vacation trend these days, especially to those who are fascinated with ships—be it a small ship, adventure ship, expedition ship, classic wooden ship, or river cruising vessel. By cruising, people can go to intriguing and wonderful destinations—be it in the Arctic or in Europe.
There are as many types of cruise ships as there are many types of cruising adventures. Cruise ships differ depending on their passenger capacity and destination. For instance, mega cruise ships are designed for intimate to extravagant cruise experiences. There are also other types of cruises for specific functions, such as for remote destinations or for ultimate luxury.
The most common type of cruise line is the mainstream cruise liner which can accommodate up to 3,000 passengers. Others call this type the floating resort because it also provides various amenities and services, such as restaurants, shopping malls, bars, gyms, casinos, libraries, spas, and arcades.
River cruise ships, on the other hand, travel along rivers and other inland waterways. As to size, they are smaller than ocean cruises. They also have different designs depending on the purpose, whether for relaxation or for extreme adventure. Other cruise ships are luxury ships which are high-end vessels; adventure cruise ships designed for audacious travelers who want to go to remote destinations; and expedition cruise ships which are quite similar to adventure ships except that they can enter more isolated destinations.
Gulet Cruise Yachts: The New Face of Cruising
One not-so-common type of cruise ship of which many people have not heard of is the gulet cruise yacht which is customary in Turkey. The Turks borrowed the word gulet from the Venetian word Goleta, meaning schooner, another term for the yacht. A gulet is a conventional design of a 2- or 3-masted wooden sailing vessel common in Turkey’s southwestern coast. Gulet yachts are built in the coastal towns of Marmaris, Bodrum and Fethiye but there are some that are made in Istanbul and the eastern Mediterranean.
During the earlier days, gulet yachts were designed to address the need to carry tourists from the Aegean region to nearby bays. There were also chamberless gulets in the earlier years; these were used in fishing or sponging. Recently, gulet yachts have become popular tourist charters.
If you are planning your next vacation, consider the gulet cruise holidays. Every gulet cruise in Turkey is a new adventure and one-of-a-kind experience in your lifetime. Highlights of a blue cruise include visiting ancient cities, coastal towns, and local villages to experience the wonderful culture of the country; cruising along the Mediterranean coast; visiting other archaeological places in ancient Lycia and Caria regions; snorkeling; hiking; swimming; and experiencing the Mediterranean dishes.
Choosing the right gulet cruise organizer
There are many tour organizers that arrange holidays in Turkey. Most of the tour organizers include in their itineraries transfers to and from airports, meals, and all entrance fees to tourist destinations. There are plenty of choices when it comes to choosing the perfect Turkey holiday. Here are some helpful tips to guide you in choosing the right tour organizer:
- – Consider the one that has a quality line of vessels.
- – Pick the one that can offer comfort and convenience.
- – Choose the organizer that offers gulet charters at an affordable cost without compromising the quality of service.
During gulet cruises, yachts are moored in beautiful bays for a swimming break or for lunch/dinner.
A few tips to consider for a private gulet cruise
There are organizers that offer private gulet charters or gulet cruises holidays specially designed for smaller groups. If you are planning a private charter for a sailing cruise, here are a few tips to consider:
- – Choose the right charter. It may be by a standard gulet or a luxury gulet. To do this, there are many yacht charter companies on the Internet that feature different kinds of yachts, including gulets. Choose the one that suits you best.
- – Consider the cost. The larger the gulet, the bigger the cost. Newer yachts are also more expensive. But well-designed and featured ones can be also expensive. Another factor that affects cost is the length of travel. To save, watch out for promotions and discounts offered by charter companies. Generally, Turkish gulets are programmed for chartering for one week – mostly in high season: July and August – , departing on Saturdays. During the low season including April, May, and October, yachts can be chartered for 3-5 days.
- – Pack wisely. The rule of thumb in chartering is this: the less baggage you have, the better. Just bring the things that are necessary for the trip. Some items worth considering are sun hats, sneakers, bathing suits, windbreakers, and sunblock. If you are going to a place with a cooler climate, thermal wear will be a lot of help. And of course, do not forget identification cards, passports, as well as medicines. Most of the tour organizers give suggestions on what to bring for the specific trip.
A wooden gulet, docked at Marmaris Port, Turkey
As time goes by, gulet cruising in Turkey has become popular, probably because it has become a byword for those who have experienced it. Magazines and the online world also feature good things about it. In, this kind of getaway has risen in popularity.
If you are looking for a new kind of adventure with your family and children or with your friend group, a gulet adventure in Turkey is definitely the right one for you. This kind of trip guarantees that you will enjoy every bit of it—from the splendid swims in Turkey’s clear blue seas to the magnificent walks along the coastlines. In signing up for Turkey gulet cruises, you will surely enjoy the mouthwatering taste of Mediterranean cuisine.
Gulet yachts ready to start their cruises out of Bodrum,Turkey
Embark on an Unforgettable Journey with a Luxury Gulet Cruise
If you’re seeking a truly remarkable and indulgent vacation experience, look no further than luxury gulet cruises. These extraordinary voyages offer a unique blend of opulence, relaxation, and exploration, all aboard magnificent vessels known as gulets. Combining the allure of traditional sailing with the comforts of modern luxury, gulet cruises promise an unforgettable journey through breathtaking coastal landscapes and crystal-clear waters.
Luxury gulets, often referred to as floating palaces, are exquisite sailing vessels that have been meticulously designed to provide the utmost comfort and elegance. From the moment you step on board, you’ll be immersed in a world of refined luxury, where every detail has been carefully considered. Lavish cabins adorned with plush furnishings, spacious decks with sunbeds and Jacuzzis, and gourmet dining experiences are just a glimpse of the unparalleled opulence that awaits you.
The Thrill of Water Sports on a Gulet Cruise
When it comes to water sports, gulet cruises in Turkey offer a wide range of thrilling activities to cater to every adventurer’s desires. Whether you seek exhilarating speed or tranquil exploration, gulets provide different options to suit your preferences.
- Kayaking: Paddle through calm turquoise waters and discover hidden coves and secluded beaches. Kayaking allows you to explore the stunning coastal landscapes at your own pace.
- Paddleboarding: Stand-up paddleboarding offers a unique way to enjoy the tranquility of the sea. Balance on a paddleboard and glide across the water, taking in breathtaking views and enjoying a full-body workout.
- Water-skiing and Wakeboarding: Feel the rush as you glide across the water’s surface, towed behind a powerful speedboat. Water-skiing and wakeboarding provide an adrenaline-pumping experience for those seeking an exciting challenge.
- Jet-skiing: For high-speed water adventures, jet-skiing is a popular choice. Feel the wind in your hair as you navigate the waves and enjoy the freedom of riding on a personal watercraft.
In addition to these activities, gulets often offer additional water sports toys for rent, allowing you to further enhance your experience. These may include:
- Seabob: Dive into the depths and glide effortlessly through the water with this underwater scooter, which offers both speed and maneuverability.
- Foil board: Experience the thrill of gliding above the water’s surface on a foil board, which uses hydrofoil technology to lift you above the waves.
- Electric surfboard: Cruise along the water with ease using an electric surfboard, providing a unique and exhilarating way to explore the coastline.
- Schiller bike: Pedal across the water on a specially designed water bike, combining the fun of cycling with the serenity of being on the sea.
With an array of water sports activities and additional toys available, gulet cruises ensure that every guest can find their preferred way to engage with the water and create unforgettable memories. Whether you seek adventure, relaxation, or a combination of both, a gulet cruise in Turkey is the perfect choice for an extraordinary vacation.
With regards to the cost of gulet cruises
Prices of gulet holiday can vary, depending on several factors like season, category of gulet, location-available port, and age of the boat. Prices are high during summer called high season: July and August, but prices are lower during low-season such as April, May or October. If you are not constrained by work schedule, it is better to go on a gulet charter vacation during regular days to avoid high cost.
So, what are you waiting for? See what gulets we have and embark on an exceptional gulet voyage in Turkey!